Los Feliz is a neighborhood nestled in Central Los Angeles, north of East Hollywood and south of the majestic Santa Monica Mountains. The neighborhood is named after Corporal Jose Vicente Feliz, its original land grantee. Along with the famous Griffith Park, Los Feliz is part of the original Rancho Los Feliz, a 6,647-acre land concession granted by Spanish Governor Pedro Fages back in 1795.
It’s no coincidence that the word “Feliz” means “happy” in Spanish, as it’s perfect for the neighborhood. Los Feliz has a very pleasant environment, where cozy sidewalk cafés, lively shops and boutiques, and vibrant entertainment venues are always filled with smiling locals.
Although it’s located within the bustling city of Los Angeles, Los Feliz provides a welcome respite, with its laid-back atmosphere. Aside from boasting a plethora of excellent nearby entertainment venues, the area is also known for its relaxing environment, with tree-lined streets and homes with unique architecture.
Real estate options in Los Feliz
If you’re looking for an ideal home in the neighborhood of Los Feliz, there are plenty of top-notch options to choose from. The homes in the area are situated in several sub-neighborhoods, each with panoramic views of the ocean, the observatory, or the city skyline, depending on their location.
Sub-neighborhoods located within Los Feliz include:
- Los Feliz Village
- Los Feliz Estates
- Laughlin Park
- Franklin Hills
- The Oaks and Hollywood Grove
- North of the Boulevard – Los Feliz Hills
Many of these neighborhoods have a family-friendly atmosphere and a very relaxing vibe, with manicured lawns and streets lined with soaring oaks. The homes you’ll be able to find are built with a variety of beautiful architectural styles, including traditional, contemporary, Italian, Mediteranean, English Gothic, French, Spanish, Craftsman, and more.
Most of the homes in Los Feliz boast outstanding features such as well-maintained lawns and yards, swimming pools, bright and airy floorplans, spacious kitchens, stylish living and dining rooms, updated bathrooms, large master bedrooms with gorgeous views, and tons of storage potential.
- The 4,310-acre Griffith Park is among the largest parks in the country. The park is very popular for hikers and outdoor lovers, with its breathtaking views of the glittering LA cityscape. Despite being located in an urban environment, the park is an oasis for wildlife – visitors may be able to spot bobcats, rattlesnakes, and coyotes as they explore. Griffith Park is also home several famous attractions, such as the 5,700-seat Greek Theatre, Griffith Observatory, and the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens.
- Vermont Avenue and Hillhurst Avenue are both wonderful venues for those who love shopping and dining. The two boulevards are home to a wide variety of must-visit locations. Some of the establishments you should definitely visit include (along Vermont Avenue) Fred 62, Figaro Café, Dresden Room, Skylight Books and Skylight Theatre, (along Hillhurst Avenue) Home, Little Dom’s, and Alcove Café and Big Bar.
- Architecture lovers can visit several famous architectural masterpieces in Los Feliz. Noteworthy structures found within the neighborhood include Ennis House, Lovell House, Schrage House, Sowden House, and Lycee International de Los Angeles.
©2017 CRMLS. All rights reserved. Some listings on this website are from CRMLS as of December 12, 2017 4:33 PM PT The information being provided is for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.