Unforgettable activities and destinations in Hollywood Hills and West Hollywood
With its captivating views, major attractions, and scenic environment, the neighborhood of Hollywood Hills has long been a top destination for both tourists and new residents.
If you’re new to the area, here are some of the must-visit venues you should definitely check out:
- Runyon Canyon Park is a popular destination for hikers, with its network of scenic trails offering captivating views of LA. Visitors here get many options – you can either go for a relaxing walk on paved paths or a more challenging experience in off-road terrain.
- Bronson Canyon Park is an excellent place for walking, as its hiking trails offer marvelous views of LA and the valley. The park also features a playground, picnic tables, and the Bronson Caves, which is famous for being the entrance to the Bat Cave in the 60s Batman TV series.
- Open since 2001, Hollywood & Highland features over 75 shops and restaurants, a nightclub, a cinema, a hotel, and several TV studios. It has over 65,000 square feet of space, and is surrounded by gorgeous views of the city.
- Yamashiro Restaurant is a wonderful place to dine, with its elegant interiors, serene tiered gardens with relaxing views, and incredible Japanese cuisine.
- If you’re craving for the best modern American cuisine in town, Beachwood Café is the pace for you. Their dishes are made using the freshest in-season ingredients. Their farm-to-table creations are definitely unlike any other, as they are laced with Asian, Mediterranean, and Scandinavian influences.
West Hollywood is home to the famed Sunset Strip, which automatically makes it one of the most vibrant locations in the country. Here, unforgettable evenings are always a few minutes away, thanks to the area’s world-class selection of standup comedy bars, live music venues, and top-notch restaurants.
- Catch a performance from some of the biggest names in comedy at the Laugh Factory. The legendary venue was first opened back in 1979, and is widely considered the #1 comedy club in the US.
- West Hollywood is a top destination for music lovers, with its iconic rock venues along Sunset Strip and intimate lounges along Santa Monica Blvd. Catch a performance by internationally recognized artists and musicians at The Roxy Theatre, Whisky A Go Go, Troubadour, and The Viper Room.
- Looking for the best Italian cuisine in LA? You can’t go wrong with AGO. Founded by head chef Agosto Sciandri and Robert De Niro in 1997, the restaurant attracts countless diners with its to-die-for Italian dishes and romantic interiors.
- Get your fix of mouthwatering ribs, burgers, and sandwiches at Baby Blues, a BBQ haven with a unique approach, combining BBQ techniques from Memphis, New Orleans, North Carolina, and Mexico.
- West Hollywood is a paradise for shoppers. You’ll be able to find a dynamic mix of haute couture and streetwear boutiques, high-end fashion wear, and interior design stores. Sprawling shopping centers such as West Hollywood Gateway and Sunset Plaza are found right here as well, offering a collection of top-brand retailers, specialty stores, and first-class restaurants all under one roof.